NEW CLASSES FORMING NOW
Professional Coding: Certification Prep Class online
Certified coders work in a variety of healthcare settings. This course class prepares you for a variety of certification examinations geared toward professional service coding in hospital outpatient departments, physician offices, and/or insurance companies. Medical coders are a vital part of revenue cycle in all healthcare organizations. We handle the money side of medicine.
This comprehensive class is designed to strengthen your coding skills in preparation for the nationally-recognized professional coding certification exams offered through AHIMA (ahima.org) and AAPC (aapc.com).
Benefits of Enrolling
· Receive comprehensive training for multiple certification exams with one low fee
· Learn from an expert Instructor that has successfully prepared hundreds of coders for certification
· There is a greater chance of passing professional coding certification exams when you learn from a reliable and reputable source
· AQCC Instructor not only holds the certifications you are prepping for, but has passed them THE FIRST TIME using the strategies you will be taught in this course
· We don't just teach you to pass an exam. We also teach you tools you need to function in the real-world of coding
INSTRUCTOR: Catrena Smith, CCS, CCS-P, CPCO, CPC, CIC, CRC, CPC-I, CHTS-PW
About the Instructor: Catrena has over 19 years’ experience in the Health Information Management Industry. She has served in a variety of coding, management, and education roles. Catrena has been successfully prepared hundreds of participants for certification through onsite review sessions, seminars, and online preparation courses.
Meeting Dates and Times:
This 12 week prep class meets via web conference up to 2 days per week (Tuesdays and Thursdays) from 7 pm - 8:30 pm Eastern. A full schedule of dates/times and topics will be provided to participants on or before the first date of class. There is additional online self-study required. This course requires a minimum of 80 clock hours between online work and web conferences. Certificates of completion will not be provided for those not completing a minimum of 80 clock hours.
Required Texts (included in course fee):
CPT® Professional Edition 2019, current year AMA Edition
ICD-10-CM, current year
HCPCS Level II, current year
Not included in course fee
· Medical Dictionary, any publisher
· Nursing Drug Book, any publisher
· AAPC and/or AHIMA Membership
· Certification Exam fee
AAPC Membership is required for those planning to sit for AAPC certifications after this course. The fee is payable directly to AAPC. Please visit their website for updated pricing (aapc.com) or 1-800-626-2633